Thursday, June 2, 2011

Scrollworks Choir Auditions


Auditions for choir will be held at 12pm this Saturday, June 4th in the chapel at Highlands UMC.

Please come prepared to do any or all of the following:
-Sing various scales
-Match pitch/intervals/phrases
-Match clapped rhythms
-Sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" (only the 1st verse)
-Sight reading a vocal line

I'll most likely have my computer or notebook out during your performance so that I can take notes of various things (vocal tambre, vocal range, etc) so when you see me writing, don't get nervous! I will also take your picture to pair with your info page so that I can begin learning names.

I would assume that all of you know the lyrics and tune to the 1st verse of "My Country 'Tis of Thee", but just in case you don't, lyrics can be found here and a video of the melody being sung can be found here. Just get the melody down and sing it in a comfortable key. I will change it up when you audition.

The sight reading will not be terribly difficult, so don't stress yourself out about it. This is just to help give me an idea of where everyone's sight singing capabilities are.

I look forward to auditioning all of you! I hope you are ready for an exciting summer semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment